Sixth Form Vision, Values and Ethos
We will do this by ensuring that every student is able to realise, fulfil and exceed their potential in their academic and pastoral lives; providing learning and teaching that challenges and equips students with the knowledge and skills needed for Higher Education, employment and lifelong learning; providing personalised information, advice, guidance and support whenever it is needed; cultivating a positive atmosphere of mutual respect and success.
We seek to deliver our vision through our values which are held by all members of our school community.
- Showing respect towards all staff, being polite and following instructions first time
- Showing respect towards each other, respecting our similarities, our differences and above all being kind to one another
- Showing respect towards our environment, our school, our community and our planet
- Taking responsibility for everyone’s safety, including our own
- Taking responsibility by doing our best and completing our work and homework to the highest possible standard
- Taking responsibility by being on time for school and lessons with the correct uniform and equipment
- Demonstrating resilience by attending school every day
- Demonstrating resilience by not giving up, especially when things seem difficult
- Demonstrating resilience by accepting mistakes, reflecting on them and improving next time
One of the strengths of the Sixth Form is the opportunity it provides for our students to involve themselves in a wide range of school and House activities which broadens their education beyond A Level study. We recognise the importance of building and developing a range of skills in our young people such as leadership, participation, teamwork, reflection, independence and creativity and run a vibrant House System with sporting, debating and performing competitions. Our Sixth Form students are our House Captains and provide leadership for their House students. Sixth Form Sports Captains work alongside the House Captains, ensuring that House teams are complete, motivated and ready to compete in each event.
We value the partnership that we have with our parents / carers and see this as a vital ingredient in ensuring that all students achieve their potential through a series of events to support our partnership work, including one to one meetings with parents, Consultation Evenings and Enrichment events such as Succeeding at Post-16 study or University and Student Finance presentations.
We use this vision and these values to create the great Sixth Form that Abbot Beyne School has today. These set the ethos for a calm and orderly learning environment where everybody works together to ensure success for one another. Through these aims we ensure that our whole community is able to move ‘Onward Together’.