Welcome to Abbot Beyne Sixth Form
Our vision for Abbot Beyne Sixth Form is to deliver an outstanding level of education whilst maintaining the students’ best interests at our core. We believe the Sixth Form experience should be enjoyable and stimulating, providing opportunities for students to gain the qualifications, skills and attitudes which will enable them to shape their futures positively and will equip them to be valued and valuable members of a global community.
We offer opportunities to gain qualifications and employment skills which are matched to the needs of individual students and which prepare them for their future lives. Our excellent programme of Advice, Support and Guidance begins with the transition from Year 11 and continues through to the end of Year 13 to ensure each of our students progresses to Higher Education or employment. We believe that through collaboration, determination and a relentless drive for improvement we can fulfil the potential of every student in the Sixth Form.
Everyone a Learner, Everyone Learning is at the heart of our message. At Abbot Beyne Sixth Form we believe that students are motivated to achieve their best through challenge, support and encouragement and learning that is tailored to their individual needs.
Our Sixth Form provision includes:
- A fully supported transition programme from Year 11 into the Sixth Form
- An excellent induction programme for external students joining our Sixth Form
- A designated Sixth Form area including access to IT facilities, individual study rooms, a kitchen and Common Rooms
- Teaching and Learning which challenges and equips students with the knowledge and skills needed for their next steps
- Provision of Ipads / laptops as part of the school Ipad / laptop Scheme
- A broad range of course choices, including A Levels and BTEC Level 3 courses
- A dedicated Learning Mentor to support and enhance independent study skills
- A Form Tutor Programme designed to support students and raise aspirations
- Personalised careers information, advice and guidance
- A programme of visits and work experience, including visits to universities, workplaces and UCAS conferences
- Opportunities to gain vital employability skills through involvement in in-class support, peer mentoring and a range of enrichment activities
- The opportunity to take part in the Sixth Form Leadership Team and become a role model for students at Abbot Beyne School
We are delighted to welcome students into the Sixth Form from a variety of schools. Students are assured of a warm welcome and settle quickly into life at Abbot Beyne. They play a full part in the life of the school, often taking on leadership roles and becoming involved in enrichment activities.